Here are LPP’s recommendations to the ConCom
On the delineation of powers, functions and responsibilities, under LPP GA Resolution 2015-015, the League strongly recommends the following:
1. That the National Government shall devolve clearly-delineated powers, functions, responsibilities and resources to the Regional States and Autonomous Regional States as well as to the Provinces, Cities, Municipalities and barangays.
2. The Regional States shall exercise all functions and powers not otherwise reserved to the Federal Government. The latter will exercise over-all general supervision over the Regions and LGUs. In line with the Constitutional principle of subsidiarity, the Regional States with respect to Provinces and HUCs; Provinces with respect to component cities and municipalities; and the cities and municipalities with respect to its component barangays, to ensure that the acts of their component units are within the scope of their prescribed powers and functions.
With regard to the allocation of funds and proposed revenue sharing, LPP recommends the following:
1. The funds and resources intended for national government agencies (NGAs) to be devolved must be transferred to the Regional States and to its constituent local government units net of its automatic appropriations for interest and principal payments for debt service and its other international obligations;
2. No reduction of taxing and administrative powers and functions of Provinces and its LGUs to ensure that there will be no decrease in its locally-generated revenues, but rather ensure an increased capacity by also amending the situs of tax to level the playing field so as to remove the undue advantage presently enjoyed by a few Metro Manila Cities where the main headquarters of businesses and financial institutions are located; and
3. The existing funds currently being received by the Provinces and its component LGUs from the National Government, including funds managed and implemented by NGAs for Provinces and LGUs, will not decrease even with the creation of Regional States, and should have a guaranteed increase in revenue share under the proposed new Federal Constitution.
(To be continued…)
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS
Source: LPP GA Resolution 2018-015 can be viewed in this link http://lpp.gov.ph/?p=579